was inspired to make these wontons by a food blogger I follow – Meatballs Mama. Her food always looks SO amazing and she made these beef dumplings using a Vitamix and it looked just so easy. I used my Magimix, adapted the recipe to make it my own and now I have a super quick recipe for the filling.
Prawn Wontons with a Honey Lime Chilli Sauce
Prep Time: 30 minutes + marination time
Cooking Time Sauce: 45 minutes
Cooking Time Wontons: 5 minutes
Makes: 45 small wontons
- 1 kg prawn, deveined and chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoon Hoisin
- 2 tablespoon Sriracha
- ½ cup light soy sauce
- 1 cup chives
- Wonton wrappers
Honey Lime Sauce
- 4 red bullet chilies, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup Ume Shiso seasoning
- Chopped spring onions
How To Prepare
- Place all filling ingredients into a food processer and pulse for about 2 minutes until fully mixed and the mixture has the consistency of a lumpy paste. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- To make the wontons, put a teaspoon of mixture in the center of the wrapper and brush edges with water. Fold to seal and push out the air and twist the top to seal.
- To make the honey lime sauce, over a medium to low heat, cook the chilies, sugar & water for about 30 minutes. The sugar will begin to caramelize and thicken. At this point, add all the other ingredients except the spring onion and continue to boil on a medium heat for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- To assemble, fry the wontons for 2 minutes in hot oil. Drain well, drizzle with honey lime sauce & chopped spring onions and serve.
- Place the red chilli and caster sugar in a pan over a medium heat. The sugar will start to melt and